If your Remote Video Response Centre (RVRC) is reliant on Adobe Flash Player for streaming your CCTV camera footage then you could be in trouble. At the end of 2020 Adobe Flash reaches its end of life.
This means Adobe Flash player will not be supported and Flash-based content will be blocked from running in Adobe Flash Player after the EOL Date. Adobe’s official advice is that “all users uninstall Flash Player before the EOL date”.
What will Adobe Flash Player’s End of Life in 2020 mean for CCTV camera footage streaming?
Simply, if your remote monitoring station is dependant on Adobe Flash Player to stream your CCTV camera footage, you should be worried. The End of Life announcement was originally issued by Adobe back in 2017 giving plenty of time to plan for alternate open source technologies like HTML 5.
Farsight is a leading remote monitoring station and we leave nothing to chance. We are ready for Adobe Flash Player’s End of Life – all of our systems stream using the latest HTML5 technology – so our security monitoring clients can be rest assured that we are still as committed to vigilance as ever in protecting their premises, assets and people.
If you are unsure whether your remote monitoring partners are as prepared as we are, we urge you to ask them as as a priority to ensure your security measures are fully operational for your peace of mind.
How does Farsight’s remote CCTV monitoring service work?
Remote CCTV monitoring is simple:
- Live CCTV images are routed via your internet connection from your CCTV cameras onsite to the servers at our CCTV monitoring station, the Farsight Observatory.
- Choose at the time of set-up whether you require the connection between the Farsight Observatory and your security system to be live at all times or automatically switched on at the end of the working day.
- The Farsight Observatory uses specially designed CCTV monitoring software to ensure that as soon as an alarm is triggered on your site or activity has been detected, a live feed of the incident gets routed to the screen of our highly-trained security professionals.
- Once connected to your live feed, our professional operators have full manual control over your active CCTV cameras, able to pan and zoom cameras, switch active cameras for a better view, and rerun recent footage.
If we identify risk to your site, we react immediately:
- We contact the emergency services
- We contact you (or the keyholder, depending on your security instructions)
- And we warn intruders, sending audio warnings via loudspeaker.
Our loudspeaker audio warning can be affective in proactively deterring intruders from progressing incidents any further.
As our professional security staff are watching and reporting on live footage, emergency services will react immediately to investigate the issue. In comparison, if it was a static alarm signal, without any visual verification, the incident may be deprioritised, leading to longer response times and an increased potential for damage or theft.
Want to talk about optimising your security with CCTV monitoring?
If you want peace of mind that your property, people and assets are being protected by proactively preventing incidents with CCTV remote monitoring -we can help. Or if you are an installer looking to partner with us, we would love to speak.
Our remote monitoring experts are on hand to answer your queries and tell you about our cost effective remote monitoring packages, simply complete the contact form. Alternatively, feel free to give us a no obligation call on 0845 371 0101 or you can request a call back.
Want to stay in the know about security?
If you haven’t already, why not subscribe to our security updates, industry news and commercial sector articles? You’ll receive them directly to your inbox.