Due to their business, petrol stations are high-risk environments and as a result, require the very best in security. The nature of petrol stations, serving flammable, high-value liquids to the public on open forecourts, petrol stations are also at risk of fuel theft, vandalism, site-damage, shoplifting and dangerous accidents.
Not only do petrol stations have a ‘duty of care’ responsibility to ensure the ongoing safety and security of their site and their staff, but they should ensure their site does not compromise the safety of customers, either.
Incidents on petrol stations can happen at any time and can quickly escalate out of control. As was almost the case in this report from a Birmingham petrol station that thankfully was under the watch of our Farsight Security Operators.
DON’T PUT THE SAFETY OF YOUR STAFF AND BUSINESS AT RISK, INVEST IN PETROL STATION SECURITY SYSTEMS SUPPORTED BY REMOTE MONITORING FACILITIES FROM FARSIGHT SECURITY.
Remote monitoring is a cost-effective and reliable solution for the security of petrol stations. Transform your security system from reactive to a proactive security solution that offers peace of mind around the clock, all throughout the year. As increasing numbers of petrol stations begin to offer 24-hour service, security measures need to follow suit.
Provide additional Lone Worker Protection for solitary staff working overnight and during quiet hours with support for all major Lone Worker Protection devices including GPRS, GPS and SOS functionality and man-down alarms for active monitoring.
TAILORED SECURITY SOLUTIONS FOR UNMANNED PETROL STATION FROM THE EXPERTS
Unmanned petrol stations are some of the highest risk sites, however, they are a practical solution for rural areas. As such, tailored security solutions ensure that every aspect of your business is covered around the clock despite this. By combining our services for remote CCTV monitoring and video analytics, operators can be provided with control over pumps, allowing for deactivation in the case of an emergency.
UNMANNED PETROL STATIONS WITH REMOTE MONITORING WILL BENEFIT FROM:
- Equipment retrofitted around existing petrol pumps, making installation easy and cost-effective
- Lone workers not required to work overnight
- Unusual activity will be identified using video analytics. For example:
- Individuals entering the forecourt without a vehicle
- Drivers remaining in the car while passengers use the pump
- Vehicles that have parked suspiciously at the pumps
- Drivers filling the car while leaving the doors open
- Obscured/hidden or tampered with number plates
- Individuals that try to hide their face or identity from security cameras
- Customers looking to fill-up their car can do so at no inconvenience – only suspicious activity will be flagged up to the remote monitoring station.
- Audio warnings will be issued to those seen acting suspiciously, warning them that they are being monitored on live CCTV.
- The emergency services, whether the fire, police or ambulance service, can be notified immediately and accordingly when an incident occurs.
- A two-way voice call point will be installed to allow the public to contact the remote monitoring station at any time.
Pioneering remotely monitored petrol station security. Farsight are experts in helping petrol stations across the UK become more efficient, safer environments by improving the ability to prevent crime rather than only detecting it.
Protect your greatest asset and get in touch with Farsight today to find out how we could improve your petrol station security.